We rarely if ever cancel an event in advance based on a weather forecast.
On those days when the weather is uncertain it is up to individual vendors and shoppers to decide for themselves if they wish to attend.
In fact, some of the most successful days for vendors are on days when the weather is not ideal.
Without exception our full advertising and marketing programs are always in effect full force no matter what the weather forecast is.
Without exception our staff is always on hand the morning of each show to greet and assist vendors.
VENDOR RENTAL REFUNDS AND VENDOR RENTAL CREDITS
· A vendor rental refund is Nassau County Fairs giving a vendor back money in the form of cash or a check or a refund to a vendor's credit card or debit card.
As a rule, we do not offer vendor rental refunds.
An exception to this rule is when a vendor's application has been rejected.
In this case the vendor will receive a full vendor rental refund for their payment.
· A vendor rental credit is Nassau County Fairs setting aside a specific dollar amount in our bookkeeping system that a vendor may use as payment towards a future show.
If an event is postponed, cancelled or its date changed by our hosting partner or our self for non-weather-related reasons, we always offer a vendor rental credit that may be applied to any future show(s) for the current and following year.
For example, credits for shows postponed in April, May and June of 20020 may be applied to any of our shows through December 31, 2021.
If a Saturday and Sunday show is scheduled and we cancel either day for weather related reasons, we will issue a $35 vendor rental credit to vendors who have paid in advance for both days.
If a Saturday and Sunday show is scheduled and we cancel either day for weather related reasons, we will issue a $25 vendor rental credit to vendors who have paid in advance for only one day.
If a Saturday & Sunday show is scheduled and we cancel Saturday for weather related reasons, we will issue a vendor rental credit and allow vendors who have paid in advance for Saturday to attend for free on Sunday.
If an event has been cancelled it is not necessary for a vendor to attend in order to receive a vendor rental credit.
If an event has not been cancelled, we do not issue a vendor refund or vendor rental credit to vendors who did not call or attend.
If a vendor has a change of circumstances, we will gladly switch dates or offer a vendor rental credit with no additional fee up if we are notified up to one week prior to the event.
There are two different types of cancellations:
1. Weather related cancellations. We rarely, if ever, cancel an event in advance based on a weather forecast. The decision to cancel an event for weather related reasons is almost always made on the morning of the show.
2. Non-weather-related cancellations. The decision to cancel an event for non-weather-related reasons is almost always made prior to the day of the show. Since some of our shows are produced by our hosting partners, we do not always have control over cancellation decisions.
Traditionally, postponements were announced because of inclement weather on the original date.
At this time Coronavirus concerns are causing postponement of events throughout the country.
In addition to posting announcements on this website of new dates for any shows that have been postponed, you may receive email announcements from us by adding your email address to our mailing list.
1. Please include your name and your company name.